WHAT IS OXIDATIVE STRESS?
When your body does not have enough antioxidants to neutralize free radicals, oxidative stress happens. Free radicals are unstable molecules that react with other substances in your body to damage cells or create abnormal ones. As your body performs its everyday functions, free radicals are created naturally. When there are too many free radicals and the oxidative stress in the body becomes too high, cell membranes begin to age, cells may begin to mutate, enzymes are destroyed, and the DNA may become compromised.
WHY DO I CARE?
High oxidative stress may eventually lead to cancer, premature aging, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s disease. The higher the antioxidant levels in your body the better to fight of oxidative stress. A healthy diet and lifestyle changes can keep free radicals in check.
WHAT ARE ANTIOXIDANTS?
Antioxidants are key and can prevent and heal the damage of one of the leading causes of disease and aging – oxidative stress. Antioxidants are the key to reducing oxidative stress. Learn the importance of the following antioxidants and include them in your supplement protocol.
- Vitamin C – liposomal or IV
- Glutathione (GSH) – liposomal or IV
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin D3
- Green Tea Extract (EGCG)
- Superoxide dismutase (SOD)
- CoQ10 (Ubiquinol)
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid
- Acai berry
- Goji berries
WHAT DO I DO?
- Toxic chemicals and pollutants from entering your body
- Hydrogenated fats
- GMO, MSG, pesticides, processed food, food additives, preservatives, food coloring, refined sugar, soda, and go organic
- Smoking, directly inhaled or secondhand
- Over the counter, prescription drugs and recreational drugs
- Plastics and phthalates
- Toxic house cleaning supplies and opt for more natural ways to shine your home
- Toxic personal care products, ditch the sodium lauryl sulfates and all variations of it, as well as the parabens
- EMF radiation exposure as much as possible. Refrain from sleeping with your telephones in your bedrooms. Ditch the TVs from your bedrooms. No wifi in the bedroom at all!
- Psychological and emotional stress
MAKE SURE TO…
- Improve your air quality by purchasing a HEPA filter
- Purify your water at home to filter out the chlorine and chromium- 6
- Hydrate with clean natural spring water it trumps all others
- Restore your gut and balance your gut microbes
- Diminish your viral, bacterial and fungal loads
- Balance the energy in your home, are you living around geophysical stress like power lines, waste dumps, or conventional farmed land?
- Detox your body
- Sweat and exercise regularly
- Get adequate vitamin D and make sure your levels optimal
- Practice good sleep hygiene and sleep 8-9 hours a night
To determine if you are in need of increasing your antioxidant levels, a Micronutrient Testing is the best approach.